Holy Spirit/St. Mary Magdalen School provides students with a strong academic and Catholic Faith foundation. Our goal is to teach young people to integrate Christian values into all aspects of life. We provide students with educational and social skills needed to be active productive members of the Church and community. We endeavor to graduate young adults who are effective witnesses to the presence of Christ in the world.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
We expect our graduates to leave Holy Spirit/ St. Mary Magdalen School with knowledge, skills and qualities in several areas. Our school provides students with a strong and academic Catholic foundation. Our goal is to teach young people to integrate Christian values into all aspects of life. We provide students with educational and social skills needed to be active, productive members of the Church and Community. We endeavor to graduate young adults who are effective witnesses to the presence of Christ in the world.
We expect each graduate to be:
A Faithful, Active Catholic who:
- Has knowledge of Church teachings, history, and traditions
- Shows and understanding that all are called to ministry by virtue of their Baptism
- Is able to express, live, and witness one’s faith with conviction
- Accepts and respects diversity I our faith community
- Continues to participate in the life of the parish and school through prayer, worship, and financial contributions.
- Works for social justice and peace issues.
An Enthusiastic, Life-long Learner who:
- Seeks to be self-confident and self-motivating
- Is able to evaluate life situations and make decisions accordingly
- Has a solid foundation in the basic skills of all academic disciplines
- Is able to develop strategies to understand and cope with stress and peer pressure
- Is independent and creative
- Uses technology and other resource materials appropriately
A Self-Motivator who:
- Is a high-achiever
- Develops a good self-image and a sense of personal integrity
- Displays self-confidence
- Is able to resist influences and make good decisions
A Globally, Aware Citizen who:
- Is able to work well with others for a common good
- Respects authority and obeys rules and laws
- Adjusts well to new situations, experiences, and people
- Is well informed in current and world events
- Is sensitive to the plight of the less fortunate in our society and the world.